Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Jan. 12: An East 2nd Street resident reported a pack of five dogs running through his yard. Police didn't find any dogs in the area.
• Jan. 13: Police were called at 2:10 a.m. to the Canal Road apartments on a report of a domestic dispute. Dispatch didn't have a building number, just an apartment number and was unable to reach the complainant for more information. Police checked all seven buildings, paying particular attention to apartments where they had been called previously for domestic disputes. Police heard nor saw anything.
• Jan. 13: Police shut down US 40 for a rollover crash just west of the village limits.
• Jan. 13: A Blacklick-Eastern Road resident called police from Krogers, reporting that he believed someone had tampered with the locks on his vehicle since he couldn't get his key to work. Police checked the locks and found no sign of tampering. He asked police to open a door and when police offered to call a locksmith service for that service, the man found a window he could open, gaining entry. Police confirmed his identity and ownership of the vehicle.
• Jan. 13: Police stoodby with a disabled vehicle on US 40 in front of Krogers until a friend arrived with gas.
• Jan. 13: Police took a report and photos of possible property damage after a tow truck, attempting to tow another vehicle, slid off the road and into a yard.
• Jan. 14: Police stoodby with a disabled semi on Ohio 79. He had run out of fuel and could not get the engine restarted. Police called Ours Garage who got the vehicle running.
• Jan. 14: A North 7th Street resident complained about damage to his mailbox. It appeared to have been struck by a vehicle.
• Jan. 14: Police took a report after a driver left the Duke station without paying for $10 in gasoline.
• Jan. 14: Police on patrol saw a four-wheeler drive up South High Street to the Duke station. The operator was advised to stay off public roadways.
• Jan. 14: A Hebron Road resident was advised about letting her dog run loose.
• Jan. 14: A Broadway Street apartment resident said some one knocked three times on her door, but didn't answer when she asked their identity. Police checked the area, but didn't find anyone.
• Jan. 15: Police separated parties following a verbal dispute at a Broadway Street apartment.
• Jan. 15: Police took a report on a crash at Enterprise and Reliance drives.
• Jan. 15: A driver was cited for failure to control when he lost control trying to pass a semi on snow-covered Ohio 79. His vehicle went into the median and struck a highway sign.
• Jan. 15: Police took a report of a hit/skip crash on West Main Street near 8th Street.