Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Dec. 4: Police responded to an alarm drop at Scooter's Bar. An employee accidentally tripped the alarm.
• Dec. 5: Police received a complaint of loud music at a Walnut Road residence. The resident turned the music down.
• Dec. 5: Police stopped and cited a vehicle going the wrong way down a one-way street. Police said the vehicle smelled of marijuana, but none was found in the vehicle.
• Dec. 5: Police asked the driver of a parked vehicle to leave Leisure Village's overflow lot. The driver said the people within the vehicle were only chatting, but the officer said there were some break-ins close by and the overflow lot was not a good place to sit and chat.
• Dec. 6: Police assisted the Licking County Sheriff's Office with a possible suicide. Police were called a second time when the person threatening suicide tried to jump from a moving vehicle.
• Dec. 7: Police received a complaint of loud music at a Walnut Road residence. The resident, who received several complaints that week, turned the music down.
• Dec. 7: A Newark man was cited for doing doughnuts - or spinning his vehicle around in circles - in the North Shore Boat Ramp parking lot. He was cited for reckless operation.
• Dec. 9: Police arrested a West 4th Street man who was wanted on warrant out of Pataskala. The man was identified because he was involved in a domestic violence incident that day.
• Dec. 2: Police assisted the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office on a report of an attempted breakin on Bateson Avenue in Fairfield Beach. Officers arrived and found no evidence of an attempted breakin.
• Dec. 2: Police checked out two suspicious persons and vehicles on the lot at Buckeye Lake Marina. The two turned out to be boat owners working on the inside of a large boat.
• Dec. 2: Police checked village streets for burned out streetlights. The list was turned over to American Electric Power.
• Dec. 3: Police encountered a suspicious person at Millersport High School that turned out to be a worker.
• Dec. 3: Police encountered a man and woman from Canada regarding custody of a 13 year old. They were referred to Fairfield County Common Pleas Court where they have an ongoing child custody case.
• Dec. 3: Police checked out a complaint of motorists running stop signs at E. Park and Wilson.
• Dec. 4: Police were called about a missing juvenile. The juvenile was found at practicing basketball at Millersport Elementary School.
• Dec. 4: Police assisted the Millersport squad with traffic control on Chautauqua Boulevard.
• Dec. 4: Police and a Fairfield County Sheriff's Office deputy searched for an individual with an active warrant for probation violation. The wanted female was found at Lynn Avenue apartment and was arrested and taken to the Fairfield County Jail.
• Dec. 6: Officer Consolo and Chief Lewis helped out with the Millersport Christmas Parade.