Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports. We're still short of space this week, but we'll start catching up next week.
• Oct. 17: A West 7th Street man requested a police standby while he removed personal items from his grandmother's home.
• Oct. 18: An officer stood by as a Highland Avenue man removed personal items from his girlfriend's home.
• Oct. 18: Police responded to an alarm drop at a Union Avenue home. Everything was OK.
• Oct. 20: Police assisted Buckeye Lake Fire Department with an indoor gas leak.
• Oct. 21: Police assisted Millersport Police with a traffic stop.
• Oct. 21:Police responded to an alarm drop at the Dollar General store. The area was secure.
• Oct. 22: Police assisted the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office with an active domesticdispute call.
• Oct. 21: Police stopped a motorist for excessive speed and cited the driver. The passenger was arrested and taken to jail for possession of marijuana and obstructing justice.
• Oct. 21: A driver was cited for travelling 42 mph in a 25 mph zone on Chautauqua Boulevard at 9th Avenue.
• Oct. 21: A driver was cited for going 41 mph in a 25 mph zone on Lancaster Street.
• Oct. 22: Police warned a driver who parked his vehicle in the middle of 9th Avenue.
• Oct. 23: A driver was cited fro travelling 41 mph in a 25 mph zone on Lancaster Street.
• Oct. 23: Police took a report on the theft of $200 from a resident's bedroom. The suspect has been located and charges are pending.
• Oct. 23: Two drivers were warned for traffic violations on Lancaster Street.
• Oct. 24: A driver was warned for excessive speed on Refugee Street.
• Oct. 24: Police responded to a report of a domestic dispute at a Refugee Street home.
• Oct. 25: Police responded to the Valero station on a possible robbery attempt.
• Oct 26: Police checked out a suspicious vehicle on East Park Street.
• Oct. 27: Police were called by the new owners of the Spurgeon house on Lancaster Street who are concerned strange occurrences. They reported that while repairing the home they have heard strange noises, unexplained footsteps and harpsichord music. Visible objects floating in mid-air on the second floor have also been reported.