Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• July 30: Capt. James Hanzey said he's investigating three sexual abuse cases that occurred since July 30. All involve juveniles.
• Aug. 3: Police were called to the scene of a fight between two women. Both were injured and claimed the other started the fight. There were no witnesses and both woman were charged with assault.
• Aug. 6: A Buckeye Lake property owner said someone entered her property without permission and took up residence for a while. The person or persons unknown cut a chain to release and use a boat, which was damaged.
• Aug. 8: Police responded to an alarm drop at a Hunts Landing Road residence. Everything was secure.
• Aug. 8: The Licking County Sheriff's Office requested that Buckeye Lake Police look for a black truck in relation to a possible domestic violence incident.
• Aug. 9: The Licking County Sheriff's Office requested Buckeye Lake Police look for two intoxicated people who allegedly spit on a bartender.
• Aug. 9: Union Street residents were warned to turn down loud music following a complaint.
• Aug. 9: A young North Bank Road resident reported strange noises near home. Nothing was found.
• Aug. 10: A Thornville woman told police her purse was stolen from her vehicle.
• Aug. 10: A West 7th Street man was arrested on a warrant out of Buckeye Lake Mayor's Court.
• Aug. 10: A resident reported a juvenile was shooting a BB gun recklessly. The juvenile's parents were advised.
• Aug. 10: A Walnut Road woman reported her ex-boyfriend damaged her car. She wasn't ready to file charges.
• Aug. 4: Two juveniles on fourwheelers at the Millersport pool were advised by police. A parent came and took the juveniles home.
• Aug. 4: Police assisted the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office with a suspicious vehicle and trailer on Blacklick Road. The truck and trailer turned out to be stolen and both were impounded by the sheriff's office.
• Aug. 8: Police cited a motorist for driving with two-month old expired plates.
• Aug. 8: Police assisted the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office with a domestic dispute near Lakeside Road.
• Aug. 8: Police were dispatched to a report of an assault on Lynn Avenue. • Aug. 8: A driver was warned for a traffic violation. • Aug. 8: Police were called to a Refugee Street apartment on a report of underage drinking. Charges are pending for underage possession.
• Aug. 9: A driver was cited for travelling 42 mph in a 25 mph zone on Lancaster Street at Lynn Avenue.
• Aug. 9: Police made three stops for traffic violations and issued two warnings and one citation.
• Aug. 10: Police checked out a suspicious person at the elementary school. Everything checked out OK.
• Aug. 10: A driver was warned for a traffic violation on Lancaster Street at Lynn Avenue.
• Aug. 10: A driver was cited for travelling 19 mph over the speed limit on Refugee Street at Deepcut Road.