Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• July 9: An officer arrested a 4th Street man on a warrant out of Fairfield County.
• July 13: An Ohio Street man said another man was making threatening calls to him. The alleged threatening man said he made calls to the Ohio Street man, but agreed to stop doing so.
• July 13: A Walnut Road woman found a live firecracker and gave it to police.
• July 13: An Elmhurst Street man wanted police presence as he returned several items to his mother-in-law. He and his mother in-law had a heated argument earlier in the day.
• July 15: Officer was dispatched to a Walnut Road residence where a man said his live-in girlfriend moved out and took several of his belongings with her. She said she only took what he'd given her as gifts, but she agreed to return the items anyway.
• July 16: Police assisted Hebron Police with a BAC test. The subject refused the test.
• July 4: A Pataskala woman was warned for excessive speed and not wearing a seat belt.
• July 4: A Pataskala man was cited for travelling 49 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• July 4: A Galloway woman was cited for going 84 mph n a 65 mph zone.
• July 4: Police arrested a Kirkersville man on a felony theft warrant out of Licking County and took him to jail.
• July 4: A Granville man was warned for travelling 80 mph in a 65 mph zone.
• July 4: An Etna man was warned for failing to yield to a stop sign and failing to obey a no turn on red.
• July 4: A Newark man was warned for excessive speed and an open container in his vehicle.
• July 4: A Kirkersville woman was warned for an equipment violation and for failing to wear glasses while driving.
• July 6: A Columbus man was cited for going 49 mph in a 35 mph zone. • July 6: A New Jersey woman was cited for travelling 79 mph in a 65 mph zone and driving without a license.
• July 6: A Newark man was cited for an equipment violation. Police said he also admitted he didn't have insurance.
• July 6: Police assisted the Ohio State Highway Patrol with a sinkhole that a hung up a vehicle near the Flying J Travel Center.
• July 6: A Granville man was warned for going 49 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• July 6: A Pickerington man was warned for an equipment violation.
• July 7: A Johnstown woman was cited for travelling 51 mph in a 35 mph zone and expired license plants.
• July 7: A Newark woman was cited for going 49 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• July 7: A Groveport man was cited for going 49 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• July 8: Mayor Dean Severance swore in a new reserve officer, Mark Consolo, at the regular monthly council meeting.
• July 10: Police Chief Lewis assisted Fairfield County Sheriff's Office detectives execute a search warrant in the village. The case is still under investigation.
• July 11: Police warned a driver after observing a violation at Canal Street and 5th Avenue.
• July 12: Police assisted a Fairfield County Sheriff's Office deputy after a prisoner kicked out a window in the cruiser and tried to escape.
• July 12: Police stopped a vehicle at 1:41 a.m. for equipment violations and discovered two bags of cocaine in the vehicle. Felony drug possession charges are pending.
• May 26: Police were called to a South Church Street residence on a report of an assault. After a lack of cooperation from the victim, police took a report and no charges were filed.
• May 27: Police were called to a Craig Drive home on a report of a burglary. The residents stated they were familiar with the suspect who has a grudge against the family.
• May 28: Police were called to a fight in progress at a West Columbus Street home. Upon arrival, two parties were charged, one for assault and one for criminal damaging.
• May 28: Police responded to a report of a crash at Ohio 13 and Ohio 204. Police assisted the fire department with patient care and traffic control. Medflight was later called and landed on Ohio 13 in front of Coops Corner.
• May 30: Police stopped two individuals on a motorcycle for not wearing eye protection, and charged one rider after an investigation.
• May 30: Police stopped three separate vehicles for various violations; none of the drivers were wearing safety belts. They were charged with the seatbelt violations and warned for everything else.
• May 30: Police cited a motorist for driving under suspension and other traffic offenses.
• May 30: Police cited two separate motorists for no seat belt.
• May 31: Police attempted to stop a motorist for reckless operation, a traffic light violation, and excessive speed on South Main Street. The vehicle failed to yield and took police on a pursuit into Fairfield County. Police later arrested the woman at her house and charged her with multiple violations.
• June 1: Police were called to North Main Street on a report of a man urinating in the roadway. Upon arrival the man was asleep in his vehicle. He was arrested for physical control of a vehicle and later blew a .280 on a BAC test.
• June 1: Police were asked to assist the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office on Ohio 256 with a large graduation party that got out of control. Police were able to help calm the crowd.
• June 4: Police cited two motorists for speeding, one 14 mph and the other 19 mph over the limit.
• June 6: Police investigated damage to a screen at a Lakeview Drive home which appeared to have been done by an animal.
• June 6: A Craig Drive resident reported a theft. After speaking with the complainant, police believe the items may be lawfully taken.
• June 6: Police charged a motorist for no seat belt and issued warnings for other violations.
• June 6: Police cited a driver for a stop sign violation at Foster and Lakeview drives.
• June 6: Police stopped a driver for several violations and discovered he was driving under suspension. He was cited.