Free boat inspections set
COLUMBUS - Recreational boaters in central Ohio can benefit from free watercraft safety inspections offered in cooperation with local Gander Mountain stores and Ohio State Parks.
The safety inspections are aimed at increasing boating safety awareness at a time when boaters and anglers are preparing to put their boats on the water for the first time this year. Watercraft officers with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources will provide free written inspections that recommend any needed improvements to equipment such as life jackets, fireextinguishers, horns, ropes and other gear.
Free vessel safety inspections are scheduled for the following times and locations:
• Saturday, March 22: 1-4 p.m. Gander Mountain Store, Reynoldsburg
• Saturday, March 29: 1-3 p.m. Buckeye Lake, Lieb's Island ramp
• Saturday, March 29: 1- 3 p.m. Alum Creek Lake, Cheshire ramp
• Sunday, March 30: 1-3 p.m. Buckeye Lake, Lieb's Island ramp
• Sunday, March 30: 1-3 p.m. Alum Creek Lake, Hollenback ramp