Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• June 27: Police on patrol at 1:22 a.m. saw an individual start to get into a vehicle on Lake Forest Drive and then get out and walk away when he noticed police. The man told police he was retrieving money from a friend's vehicle. His friend verified his story.
• June 27: Police were called to a domestic dispute in Buckeye Lake involving an intoxicated woman. The man said his wife was drunk and was starting an argument with him. She was upset because he wouldn't give her any money. She left to spend the night with a friend.
• June 27: Police made a traffic stop on Ohio 79 at U.S. 40 and cited a driver for travelling 68 mph in a 50 mph zone.
• June 27: Police were called about two young children, a 2 and four-year-old, running around a Canal Road apartment complex parking lot unsupervised. Police talked with their mother who said she watches them. She was advised that the incident was documented and future complaints could be referred to childrens services.
• June 28: Police were dispatched to assist Kirkersville Police with a pursuit on eastbound I-70. The pursuit ended when the fleeing driver lost control, went into the westbound lanes, hit a guardrail and then came back into the median where it struck the Kirkersville cruiser at slow speed. The driver was taken into custody.
• June 28: A West 2nd Street resident reported the theft of a 2006 Huskee lawn tractor and a Craftsman tool box from a yard shed in his back yard.
• June 28: An East Main Street resident reported receiving threatening calls on her cell phone from a collection agency seeking another party. Police listened to a recording of one of the calls. Police called the agency and her number was remove from the file.
• June 29: Police on patrol at 5:35 a.m. were told about a suspicious person at Evans Park. Police saw the person walking south on 9th Street. Police checked his identity and found he was wanted on a Franklin County warrant for a probation violation. Police also were given an advisory that the subject was known to abuse drugs. He voluntarily turned over a pipe and a small bag of marijuana. He was cited for possession and taken to jail.
• June 29: Police were dispatched to assist Buckeye Lake Police with an active fight on Elliot Street. The parties were separated when police arrived.