Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• June 25: Police took a report of vandalism on East Market Street.
• June 25: Police were called about an unruly juvenile on West Kumler Street. The juvenile and parents were advised.
• June 26: Juveniles playing on construction on North Romulus Street were advised to play elsewhere.
• June 26: Police took a report of pine trees being mowed down on Front Street.
• June 26: Police took a report of threats and harassment from a walk-in at the station.
• June 26: Police took a report of threats and harassment on Washington Street.
• June 27: Police found an open door at High and West Market streets. The owner was advised.
• June 30: Police took a report on a bicycle stolen on West Jefferson Street.
• June 30: Police advised a resident on Holder Road to turn down loud music.
• July 3: Police assisted the FairfieldCounty Sheriff's Officewith a report of trespassers on Leonard Road.
• July 4: Police assisted the FairfieldCounty Sheriff's Officewith an intoxicated driver passed out in a vehicle at Ohio 158 and Pleasantville Road. The driver was charged with OVI, possession of a loaded firearm and possession of drugs.
• July 4: Police were called about fireworks on West Elmwood Street.
• July 5: Police assisted the sheriff's office with a report of a possible suicide attempt on Leonard Road. The report was unfounded.
• July 5: Police took a report of a theft on North Park Drive.
• July 5: Police took a report about threats and harassment on Baltimore-Somerset Road.
• July 7: Police advised a dog owner on West Market Street after finding a dog tangled up with no water.
• July 7: Police took a report of vandalism on East Monroe Street.
• July 7: Police took a report on a motorcycle accident on South Main Street.
• July 8: Police arrested a subject on West Market Street on a warrant.
• July 8: Police advised the owner of a vehicle parked next to a firehydrant at Monroe and Walnut streets. It was moved.
• July 10: A Walnut Road woman said her husband was jumped by several people who also shattered a window in their vehicle. She said her son was injured by glass when the window shattered.
• July 16: A Hebron road woman reported that a friend who was living with her may have stolen her car's license plates.
• July 17: An unruly person was escorted by management out of CatfishCharley's. The person reportedly damaged a vehicle parked in front of CatfishCharley's after being removed from the building.
• July 18: A Newark woman reported she was assaulted in Buckeye Lake by someone with whom she was acquainted.
• July 19: A juvenile reported he was assaulted at Ryan Park, but was not injured.
• July 19: A Duke station employee reported she was robbed while trying to make a night deposit at the National City Bank. The incident is under routine investigation.
• July 21: A West 2nd Street man said a well driller was on his property, but drilling a well for his neighbor.
• July 21: A Leroy Street man was arrested on a warrant and found to be in possession of amphetamines.
• July 22: Officerswere dispatched to the scene of a fight. The fight had dispersed when officersarrived but two people were visibly injured. The injured parties claimed they were beaten up by two other men. One suspect was apprehended and police are searching for the other person.
• July 24: A Walnut Road woman reported that a juvenile who is court ordered not to leave his property did so.
• July 24: Police responded to an alarm drop at the Buckeye Lake Yacht Club. It was a false alarm.
• July 24: American Electric Power officials requested help in keeping people away from a malfunctioning electric meter box.