Thanks for new veterans' memorial
Thanks to everyone who attended the dedication ceremony for the Buckeye Lake Combat Veterans Memorial at VFW Post 1388 last Saturday.
A very special thank you to State Representative Dan Dodd for his comments as the keynote speaker. Thanks also to State Senator Tim Schaffer for coming. We can't thank Marty Springer and her husband, Bud, enough for their efforts and expertise that made the day so successful.
We also want to thank the following:
• Perry County Commissioner Lonnie Wood for the use of their bicentennial bell and for bringing it to us.
• Our VFW Color Guard for their performance and providing the necessary "military element" for the program.
• Karen Williams for use of her sound system and singing the National Anthem.
• Joe Rutter for his rendition of "All gave some, some gave all."
• Columbus Fire Lt. George Fulcher of the Columbus Police and Fire Pipes and Drums for "Amazing Grace" on the bagpipes.
• Our State VFW officials who participated: State Chaplain Rev. Dr. Barry Walker, Immediate Past State Commander Bill Seagraves and State President of the Ladies Auxiliary Marti Bridges.
• Canteen Manger Dennis Williams for site preparation and feeding the overflow crowd.
• FairfieldCounty Sheriff Dave Phalen for attending and his officefor providing traffic assistance.
• Photographer Steve Sweazy for his photos.
• Lt. Christy Ammons, Civil Air Patrol for distributing programs and providing shuttle transportation.
Thanks again everyone.
Jim Nix, Chair Buckeye Lake Combat Veterans Memorial Committee