Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Jan. 21: A driver was cited for traveling 47 in a 35 miles per hour zone.
• Jan. 23: While on patrol, police came up on an accident. An elderly woman in the accident appeared confused and disoriented. Two Ohio State Highway Patrol units assisted as well.
• Jan. 23: An Indiana woman was cited for an improper lane change, which led to a non-injury accident.
• Jan. 23: A driver was cited for traveling 46 in a 35 miles per hour zone and warned for a cracked windshield.
• Jan. 24: Police conducted a civil standby at a Walnut Road address, where a woman removed her belongings from a residence.
• Jan. 25: Police checked out a 9-1-1 hang-up call from a W. 1st Street residence. The juveniles who made the call could not be located.
• Jan. 26: A Walnut Road woman said her ex entered their former residence and vandalized it.
• Jan. 26: Police received a report of a semi-truck tearing up yards. Officer found an excavating truck stuck in mud. A wrecker was sent to assist.
• Jan. 26: Police relayed a message from Licking Memorial Hospital to family members at a North Bank Road residence.
• Dec. 30: Police stopped a vehicle on Ohio 79 and US 40 and cited the juvenile driver for going 69 mph in a 50 mph zone.
• Dec. 31: Buckeye Lake Police asked for a CIT officer to evaluate a possible mentally impaired subject at the Duke station. The officer determined the man wasn’t a threat to himself or others. The man said he was homeless and was heading to a motel.
• Jan. 1: Police assisted a Licking County Sheriff’s Office deputy with a reported domestic dispute on 3rd Avenue in Buckeye Lake. It turned out to be a verbal dispute and the parties were separated for the night.
• Jan. 1: Police assisted the Licking County Sheriff’s Office with an active domestic dispute on Walnut Road. The male had fled after assaulting his wife. Police held the scene until a deputy arrived.
• Jan. 1: Police were notified by Heath Police to watch for a possibly impaired driver heading south on Ohio 79. Police stopped the vehicle but the driver didn’t show any signs of impairment.
• Jan. 1: Police stopped a driver on Ohio 79 at John Alford Parkway and issued a citation for expired tags.
• Jan. 2: Police were dispatched to watch for a truck westbound on U.S. 40 from Jacksontown with a possibly impaired driver. A deputy stopped the truck before it reached Hebron.
• Jan. 2: A South 8th Street resident complained about a construction crew cutting through her property. The crew was advised to stay off the property.
• Jan. 2: Police assisted the Licking County Sheriff’s Office by conducting a house check at a home behind the Sunset Inn. A person there said he had fallen asleep on the couch and awoke to find the back door open and a strange dog in the house. Police checked the house and area with negative contact.
• Jan. 2: Police made a traffic stop on Ohio 79 at Enterprise Drive and issued a citation for expired license plates.
• Jan. 3: Police made a traffic stop on South High Street at Ohio 79 and issued a citation for expired license plates.
• Jan. 3: A Broadway Street resident said her ex-boyfriend shattered the rear window of her vehicle with a knife. Police are investigating.
• Jan. 3: Police assisted Buckeye Lake Police with an active domestic on Lynnwood Circle.