Police activity reports
Compiled from selected area police activity reports.
• Aug. 31: A caller reported a possible intoxicated person. Police contacted her and “she checked out OK.”
• Aug. 31: Police responded to a report of a possible domestic dispute.. Officer found people were just “playing around” and there was no violent incident.
• Sept. 1: Police were called to a family dispute over a vehicle. It was a civil matter.
• Sept. 2: A Hebron Road woman said a juvenile assaulted her son.
• Sept. 2: A man was arrested for violating a protection order.
• Sept. 2: Police checked out a suspicious vehicle behind the Goodwill store. Vehicle was not a threat.
• Sept. 2: Police responded to an alarm drop at a Cottage Street residence. A fire alarm was signaling its battery was low.
• Sept. 2: A W. 2nd Street woman said a person claiming to represent Publishers Clearing House said she won a prize but had to send $1,000 to claim it. Officer followed up with the person and found the prize was illegitimate. Officer advised the woman to contact the FBI because the call originated outside the United States.
• Sept. 5: A Neel Avenue man informed police his ex-girlfriend took his cell phone and sold it to a machine that buys phones.